- Classical Singer Magazine : This site contains many articles and resources about training for a professional vocal career.
- Getting Kids to Practice Music - Without Tears or Tantrums : An excellent article via NPR! Read on for more suggestions or ideas on how to make practice time for your kids a success.
- Is Music the Key to Success? : As the author states, "The phenomenon extends beyond the math-music association. Strikingly, many high achievers told me music opened up the pathways to creative thinking. And their experiences suggest that music training sharpens other qualities: Collaboration. The ability to listen. A way of thinking that weaves together disparate ideas. The power to focus on the present and the future simultaneously." These are valid enough reasons to maintain and foster music education independently and within all school systems.
- Music Scores : Free Classical sheet music for all instruments, which can be downloaded to your computer.
- Music Theory training : Online lessons for basic theory concepts
- Sheet Music Plus : A great online site to purchase sheet music for contemporary songs of all genres.
- Signs of vocal abuse or misuse : Too many times an amateur singer thinks that to be the best means to sing at the top of his or her lungs. Not so. This article highlights signs of potential vocal abuse or vocal misuse, which can lead to permanent damage. If you experience any of these symptoms, please consult your doctor and ask for a referral to an otolaryngologist (ear/nose/throat).
- Ten Easy Ways to Optimize Practice Time : Another excellent article from NPR, which discusses way to help your child practice smarter.
- Theta Music Trainer : This is a helpful site to practice all aspects of music theory and ear training. You can either have a free account or subscribe for a full account, which allows you access to more training games.